A description of the health care issue, and how it relates to your role, setting, scope of practice, or community population.
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment. As an advanced registered nurse leader, you have an opportunity to be a catalyst for change and lend your voice to important health care issues. One of the ways you can do this is through lobbying and engaging with the legislative process as both participant and patient advocate. In this assignment, you will work in a group to identify a current health care legislative issue and prepare a PowerPoint presentation with slide notes. This health care issue can impact your role, the setting, the scope of practice, or the population in the community you serve. Refer to the website of your state legislature to research current legislative issues and identify appropriate steps. Include the following in a 12-15 slide
- A description of the health care issue, and how it relates to your role, setting, scope of practice, or community population.
- A description of the proposed legislation and your group’s stance on whether it should be passed.
- Methods to track a bill and participate in lobbying efforts.
- An outline of lobbying remarks, appropriate for the target audience, bill’s intent, and also goal of supporting or not supporting its passage.
- Implications if lobbying efforts do not succeed
Make sure to include slide notes of 100-250 words for each slide. You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content. While APA style is not a requirement for the body of this assignment. Further, solid academic writing is an expectation. Documentation of sources should be present using APA formatting guidelines. Which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. Current health care legislative issue. Finally, safe staffing that was just past in new York.