develop a System Analysis that demonstrates the initial rabbit population oscillations followed by the addition of the foxes that consumed the rabbits.
Perform a systems analysis of the system described above. What is observable ?Explain
Plants and Rabbits and Foxes
On Park Island there are no native large animals; but plants insects etc. thrive. One spring unknown people release many rabbits on to the island and the rabbits rapidly multiplied for the first several years but then the population started to dwindle. After a couple of years the population once again starts to rise before peaking and reducing again.
Plant Lovers of America (PLA) staged protests at the unnecessary destruction of the pretty plant life on the island. To quiet the PLA politicians ordered the park service to “take care of that rabbit problem”. The park service googled found out that foxes eat rabbits got a lot of foxes and let them loose on the island.
The population of foxes increased quickly and then plummeted to nothing after all the rabbits disappeared. Rabbit Lovers of America (RLA) were outraged at the disappearance of the rabbit due to the foxes’ voracious appetite and demanded the reintroduction of rabbits to the island. In response to an RLA advertising campaign politicians have ordered the park service to reestablish the rabbit and fox populations on the island.
To avoid another public relations fiasco the park service has asked you to develop a System Analysis that demonstrates the initial rabbit population oscillations followed by the addition of the foxes that consumed the rabbits. Unfortunately all records related to the populations of foxes and rabbits were destroyed during a flood so you’ll have to make reasonable assumptions for your model.
1) Perform a systems analysis of the system described above. What is observable ?
You DO NOT need to create a Stella model for this exercise.
2) You are required to provide a more in-depth analysis than what was covered in class.
3) Ensure that you choose a specific species for a Plant Rabbit and Fox a. This will help with describing the properties setting rules and assumptions
4) Make sure that your paper is well written and has appropriate headings and subheadings
- You may use bulleted/numbered list for the following components of your assignment
- Elements ii. Properties iii. Rules iv. Assumptions v. Limitations
5) In-text citations are mandatory
- You will have to look into the literature to set appropriate rules
6) You must follow APA guidelines
- Except for the bulleted/numbered list mentioned above