imaginary/factious treatment agency/program
Addiction Counseling – Theoretical treatment agency/program
Create an imaginary/factious treatment agency/program addressing clientele level of care curriculum assessment procedures treatment plans case management and counseling issues staff issues etc. Thereafter you will analyze the effectiveness of the treatment services. Im looking for you to base your critique on examples and opinions cited in the literature. Follow APA formatting.
So basically the steps are as follows:
- Create a mock treatment facility which you think represents the norm
- Now answer the questions posed in the outline about this program.
- FOLLOW outline form
This agency that you create can be one of what you think would represent a “realistic” agency. One with pros and cons strengths and weaknesses one that represents reality to you.
Write a 6 page paper describing and analyzing the service. Organize your paper into these four sections: I. Descriptive Information; II. Theoretical Approaches III. Analysis of Service: IV. Implications for My Substance Use Disorder Practice. It must be organized in this fashion or it will not be graded. Each section is to be clearly labeled.
Outline for Site Visit.
- General Description of Service
- Describe the agency /program and its target population.
- Describe the programs level of care system and how one transfers to each level.
- Describe the screening assessment intervention discharge process. What are the time frames assessments primary intervention modalities case management. process group education group?
- Theoretical Approaches
- Discuss the prominent theories/models that underlie the service provided. Moral
Model Medical – Disease Model Learning Theory Psychoanalytic Theory. Ecological
Perspective Family Theory Bio Psycho Social Theory
III. Critical Analysis of the Quality of Treatment Service: Analyze the effectiveness of the service based on the needs of the target population by critically describing 4 things in the program is doing effectively and 4 things the program needs some improvement. A list of some ideas…
* Intake: Is there treatment on demand or is there a long waiting list?
* Orientation: is there a thorough welcoming orientation?
Urinal Analysis (UA): Does the program conduct U.AS? Is this the major tool! used to monitor AOD use? What are the consequences if a client gets a positive urine screen?
What education is offered? What part of the program is the most important for the
Clients to learn? Is relapse prevention being offered early in treatment or is it offered just prior to discharge?
* Cultural Competence: Is the program adequately accounting for the cultural diversity of its clients (gender race sexual orientation class age disability etc).Did they speak the language of the clients they served?
* Dual Diagnosis Disorders: Is the program adequately addressing dual disorders? Is pharmacotherapy available?
* Family /Significant Others: Does the program have an avenue for other parties to get involved? Are there family groups or private family sessions? What about the children?
*Case management: Does the program provide case management?
*Ancillary Services: Some populations need services in addition to drug/alcohol (such as transportation/housing childcare food vocational legal help). Are these provided?
*Outcome Studies: How does the program measure successful treatment outcomes? Does the program provide a follow up interview (six months after discharge) as a way to evaluate the program or study outcomes.
*Strength Based Practice: Did the agency provide a positive atmosphere? Were the counselors genuinely friendly? Was the agency client-centered?
- Implication for My Substance Use Disorder Practice: based on what you learned in the process of this paper what skills or information do you need to improve the quality of your work with AOD clients?