Pleiotropic effects of antibiotic resistance in Escherichia coli O157:H7
Write (2 pages) about the background and the potential hazard of antibiotics and their use in different plant and animal products with the probable developing resistance in Escherichia coli O157:H7.
Title: Pleiotropic effects of antibiotic resistance in Escherichia coli O157:H7
Introduction: Write (2 pages) about the background and the potential hazard of antibiotics and their use in different plant and animal products with the probable developing resistance in Escherichia coli O157:H7. Also write about research aspects of resistant strains exposed to environmental pollution of antibiotics.
Chapter: 1. (4-5 Pages)
Write a literature review of the phenomenon and technique of antibiotic-resistant strain of E Coli O157:H7 in the environment naturally and in the laboratory.
Write about generation of hundreds of antibiotics resistant strains of E coli O157:H7 by plate-based method
(Only include literature on i) Streptomycin
- ii) Tetracycline
- iv) Tiamulin and
- iv) Nalidixic acid)
Chapter: 2. (10-11 Pages)
Write about phenotypic assays to investigate effects of resistance in brief
Write about Biolog phenotype microarrays of….
- a) Growth curve in broth
- b) Glucose Fermentation Test
- c) Swimming Swarming and Twitching
- d) Nitrogen Utilization test
- e) Attachment Assay
- f) Broth Assay at different temperatures
– write in-depth about biofilm formation how it can be significant before and after developing resistance if E coli O157:H7 co exhibits with other bacterial or pathogenic species (Ex.: Salmonella sp. And Staphylococcus aureus) what can be predicted.
– Significance of motility aiding organelle i.e. Fimbriae flagella Pili
– Also mention few biostatistics tests to validate the results of the above tests
Chapter: 3. (6-7 pages)
Write about Transmission growth and survival of generated resistant strains of E coli O157:H7 in fresh vegetables (with and without other bacterial species like
salmonella and staphylococcus)
è Design/Make/adopt plant model with controlled environment (humidity different levels of nutritional source like carbon and nitrogen temperature etc)
About Growing plants i) Lettuce ii) Spinach iii) Garden peas
– Like how to grow it in controlled environment time period pre processing process method for modelling etc.
Chapter: 4. (4-5 pages)
Introduce the resistant strains into other models like Galleria. mites and
nematodes to investigate transmission virulence to the other environments.
Write any single or two methods of whole experiment
Chapter: 5. (10-11 Pages)
After deriving the data all the strains of probable significant results generate their
whole genome sequencing data and compare them with ancient or previous
strains’ genetic data
Discuss about primers genes genetic data and techniques used previously in
similar research of E. coli O157:H7