What is innate immunity? What is species resistance? What are the first lines of defense? How does the skin act in immunity?
- How do mucous membranes act in immunity?
6. How does the lacrimal apparatus act in immunity?
7. What is microbial antagonism? Why is it beneficial?
8. When does the second line of defense act?
9. What are the formed elements?
10. What are granulocytes? What are the 3 types?
11. What are agranulocytes? What are the 2 types?
12. What is the benefit of a differential white blood cell count?
13. What is phagocytosis?
14. What is the function of eosinophils?
15. What is the function of NK lymphocytes?
16. What is the function of neutrophils?
17. What cells undergo nonphagocytic killing? How do they do this?
18. What are toll-like receptors?
19. How do interferons aid in the immune system? How do alpha and beta interferons work?
20. What is tetherin and how does it play a role in immunity?
21. What is complement? What does complement activation lead to?
22. How is complement activated?
23. How does the classical pathway activate? Alternative pathway?
24. What protein does the classical and alternative pathway converge on?
25. What does C3a do? C3b?